Welcome back, Canton-Sixes. I’m here in your inbox as usual to bring you up to date with everything you need to know about what’s happening in the city.
First, today’s weather:
Wet with a thunderstorm in places. High: 80 Low: 68.
📢 I am looking for business owners and sellers in Canton-Sixes who want to create awareness, connect with customers and increase sales.
I have a limited number of sponsorships available to introduce our Canton-Sixes Daily readers to the local businesses they need to know about. If that’s you, then I invite you to learn more and secure your spot now.
Here are the top five stories today at Canton-Sixes:
- Christopher Caso of Georgia broke a powerlifting record Saturday in a strongman competition, lifting 330 pounds. The trained for 7 years at Growler’s Gym in Canton and said she lifts weights to show her daughter that hard work pays off. Caso said, “I want her to see… dad put in the work and hopefully inspires her to break through.” (News)
- A Canton woman is in jail after authorities say she was caught with more than 17 pounds of methamphetamine on Wednesday. Krysten Terese Vlacancich, 36, is facing level three trafficking charges among many other drug-related charges. Vlancancich is currently being held at the Burke County Jail on $1 million bond. (Morganton News Herald)
- A Cherokee County jury convicted a man of aggravated rape, incest and child sexual abuse, resulting in life in prison without the possibility of parole. Four children accused him of abusing them, three of the children in a different state. District Attorney Shannon Wallace said, “Through this sentence, all victims of his crimes, both here in Cherokee County and elsewhere, can finally have peace knowing that this defendant will spend the rest of his natural life in prison, without being able to hurt more”. Small children.” (fox 5 atlanta)
- The intersection of Wiley Bridge Road and Cox Road will be closed from Aug. 29 through Sept. 30 for construction work on a roundabout, according to the Cherokee County Highway Capital Program. There will be a bypass during construction that will use West Wiley Bridge Road, King Road, and Highway 92. If you have any questions, please contact the Cherokee County Capital Roads Program at 678-493-6077. (Cherokee Tribune and Ledger-News)
- Looking for a new home in the area? One of these newly listed properties in canton could be the one for you. Three properties on Durham Road, one on Hickory Bluffs Parkway, and one on Summit Drive are all for sale for less than $510,000. Visit the link to see all the houses available. (Canton-Sixes patch)
Today at Canton-Sixes:
- Horseback Riding Physics: Rider Biomechanics Courseat Wild At Heart Ranch (5:00 PM)
- The father’s house: a path that leads homeAt the Oak Leaf Church (7:00 PM)
- Adaptive Athlete Program (for people with permanent or temporary physical impairments), at CrossFit Holly Springs (7:30 PM)
From my notebook:
- Cherokee County Animal Shelter partnered with Cherokee County Senior Services on Senior Day over the weekend through their PAWS program! For more information about the Pet and Senior Welfare Assistance Program, click here. (Cherokee County Animal Shelter via Facebook)
- Cherokee County YMCA celebrated 30 years over the weekend! The Cherokee Outdoor YMCA, a long-standing staple in the community, celebrated staff, volunteers and friends of the Y. (Cherokee County YMCA via Facebook)
- Do you want to know what is happening in your district? Stay up-to-date on Cherokee County projects, events, and other happenings by subscribing to district newsletters at cherokeega.com. (Cherokee County, Georgia via Facebook)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
They’re all stuck for today! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with your next update.
— be peek
About me: Sean Peek is a writer and entrepreneur with a BA in English Literature from Weber State University. Over the years, he has worked as a copywriter, editor, SEO specialist, and director of marketing for various digital media companies. He currently co-owns and operates the Lightning Media Partners content creation agency.