Today is the birthday of Onika Tanya Maraj, popularly known as Nicki Minaj, a Trinidadian-American rapper, singer, songwriter, model, and actress. Nicki Minaj has been unapologetically vocal about everything she feels or does. There is no lie in her fire, nor filters in her being. The Grammy Award winner, through her performances, acting or interviews of her, has frequently spoken about never underestimating herself and working hard, a woman can also be her own princess. She chooses her songs and you will find empowerment. Naughty and rude dating of her several times also drew slut shame and controversy, but she never stops. Minaj feels sexy being honest, which makes her extraordinary.
Navigating her personal and professional life, Nicki Minaj has it all in the right place. she is currently the richer rapper who has never lived with a net worth of $100 million, according to HypeBeast. Minaj appreciates her sense of independence and her strong moral compass wherever she is. Being Nicki Minaj is not easy because she makes her own decisions and lives them.
Here are some of her wild quotes, lines that will make you feel totally recharged.
10 Wild Nicki Minaj Comments
- Minaj has been candid about her personal life, love, and sex. She once said, “No matter what he or anyone else says, Onika Tanya Maraj will not push anyone until he gets married. Now he checks that.
- Minaj’s songs are also fully supportive of her beliefs. She has been a great support for women and girls who want to make something of her life. She says, “I want to show girls that the possibilities are endless. That is my goal: not only to do it myself, but also to show them that I can do whatever I set my mind to.”
- Minaj wanted to be a brand, in fact, she is a brand, she often said, “I want to build my empire. In my field, I have always seen men do it. From Diddy to Dr. Dre to Jay Z. Now it’s a woman’s turn.
“In any field, women have to work TWICE as hard to get HALF the respect that their male counterparts get. When does this stop? … The greats collaborated with Drake, Kendrick and Jcole because they are good MCs. They collaborated with Nicki because someone put a gun to their head… Putting people in the same sentence as me after my 10 years of consistently winning. What are you teaching them? They would never do this to a man,” Minaj said.
“My whole life is about being Nicki Minaj now. It’s a never-ending saga,” Minaj added.
- His childhood was hard with his alcoholic and drug addict father. He felt that his father brought pain to his entire family by abusing his mother, selling things for drug money, and once even burning down his house while his mother was still inside. Minaj prayed to get rich so she could rescue the family from her. For her, working hard was one way to do it.
In one of his interviews, he said: “Stay in school. Never be lazy, and never complain about hard work. Work hard, it pays off.” “Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye, but regrets can last a lifetime.”
- Nicki Minaj has always talked about her looks, clothes, and the way she feels sexy. In one of her songs, she said, “I’m a fucking grown woman! I represent girls who want to be sexy and dance, but also have a strong sense of self. If you have a big butt? Shake it! Who cares? That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t graduate from college.”
- “There are sexual things that I do that are not for a man. Sometimes I feel empowered by being sexy and comfortable enough to be sexy on camera; many women struggle with it. But there are some days I don’t want anyone to see me. I’m just a normal girl. Some days I’m super strong; some days I’m super insecure,” Minaj said.
- “People see sexy as weak. If you’re overtly sexy, people don’t expect you to be smart. Sometimes women dress sexy for themselves, not necessarily because they want to have sex with a man. Sometimes that’s what makes them feel good and empowered.”
- Nicki Minaj’s witty and wild responses have earned her the label of a weirdo, which Minaj has no problem with. She says, “I don’t mind being called a freak. There are a lot of people in hip-hop who will probably never understand what I do. But, just by being myself, I end up touching a lot more people who may have never paid much attention to a female rapper.”
- Nicki Minaj’s songs are also a replica of her own life. Minaj talked about her adolescence abortion in the pink footprint single “All Things Go”, rapping, “My son with Aaron would have been 16, any day now.” However, she does not regret it.
- Minaj isn’t just known for her wild response. She has been contributing a lot to improve people’s lives. The ‘Anaconda’ singer posted an image on instagram in 2017 to recognize the support it has been sending to a poor village in India for the past two years by providing access to clean water, education and other basic services. Minaj wrote: “This is the kind of thing that makes me most proud. The money I have sent to this village in India for the past two years [via my Pastor Lydia Sloley]It has gotten them a Computer Center, a Tailoring Institute, a Reading Program and 2 WATER WELLS.”
Suggested reading- Nicki Minaj helps an Indian village get clean water and services