It cannot be denied: Mother Teresa she was an inspiration and light to countless people thanks to her big heart and dedication to helping those in need. She always seemed to know what to say to help encourage others to see the good in the world. That’s why we rounded up 100 of the best Mother Teresas quotes of all time—to keep you inspired, motivated, and to see the world through the eyes of love.
She is a famous icon for having said a lot about love, happinessfaith, kindness, relationships, and other areas of life. Each one will make you think, and some of Mother Teresa’s famous quotes may even teach you a lesson. After reading them, she will understand why so many admire her and she will realize that she appreciates her life more.
So, what are you waiting for? Take a look at the top 100 mother teresa quotes and said below.
Inspirational Quotes from Mother Teresa
1. “Peace begins with a smile.”
2. “We fear the future because we are wasting the present.”
3. “When you have nothing, then you have everything.”
4. “The deep joy of the heart is like a magnet that indicates the path of life.”
5. “Love begins by caring for those closest to you, those at home.”
6. “Let’s always meet with a smile, because a smile is the beginning of love.”
7. “Some people come into our lives as blessings. Some come into your life as lessons.”
8. “If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.”
9. “A life that is not lived for others is not a life.”
10. “I’d rather you make mistakes in kindness than perform miracles in lack of kindness.”
11. “Love is a ripe fruit at all times and within the reach of all hands.”
12. “Work without love is slavery.”
13. “I want you to worry about your next-door neighbor. Do you know your next door neighbor?”
14. “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, no more.”
15. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and achievements.”
16. “There is more hunger in the world for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.”
17. “If we really want to love, we must learn to forgive.”
18. “I can do things that you can’t, you can do things that I can’t; Together we can do great things.”
19. “The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.”
20. “What you spend years building can be destroyed overnight; build it anyway.
21. “I go by my free choice, with the blessing of obedience.”
22. “Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it.”
23. “True love is the love that causes us pain, that hurts, and yet brings us joy. That is why we must pray to God and ask him to give us the courage to love.
24. “There are no big things, just little things with great love. Happy are those.
25. “If you are humble nothing will touch you, neither praise nor dishonor, because you know what you are.”
26. “Be kind and merciful. Do not allow anyone to come to you without coming out better and happier.
27. “One of the realities that we are all called to go through is to go from revulsion to compassion and from compassion to amazement.”
28. “We cannot give what we do not have.”
29. “If we are humble, nothing will change us, neither praise nor discouragement.”
30. “Life is an opportunity, take advantage of it. Life is beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it.”
31. “Do not be discouraged by any failure as long as you have done your best.”
32. “Together we can do great things.”
33. “Life is a challenge; we must take it.
34. “Spread the love of God through your life, but only use words when necessary.”
35. “Be faithful in small things because in them lies your strength.”
36. “Poverty was not created by God. We are the ones who have caused it, you and I through our selfishness.”
37. “There is something you can do but I can’t and there is something I can do but you can’t; So, let’s do something beautiful for God.”
38. “If you are discouraged, it is a sign of pride because it shows that you trust your own powers.”
39. “We interfere with God’s plans when we push someone or something that is not right for us. Be strict with yourself and then be very strict with what you are getting from the outside.”
40. “Life is a song, sing it.”
41. “One full of joy preaches without preaching.”
42. “Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.”
43. “I don’t pray for success; I ask fidelity”.
44. “Don’t wait for the leaders; do it alone, person to person.”
45. “I know that I am touching the living body of Christ in the broken bodies of the hungry and the suffering.”
46. ”We should never be afraid of being a sign of contradiction to the world.”
47. “The fruit of love is service, which is compassion in action.
48. “There is more hunger for love and appreciation in this world than for bread.”
49. “Loneliness is the most terrible form of poverty.
50. “Jesus said to love one another. He didn’t say he loved the whole world.”
51. “We do not need weapons and bombs to bring peacewe need love and compassion.”
52. “Do extraordinary things with love.”
53. “True love is giving and giving until it hurts.”
54. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the bucket Ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
55. “Never worry about the numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person closest to you.”
56. “You are bigger than you think.”
57. “The way you help heal the world is that you start with your own family.”
58. “Spread love wherever you go. Let no one come to you without leaving happier.”
59. “Go out into the world today and love the people you meet. Let your presence shine a new light in the hearts of people.”
60. “God speaks in the silence of the heart.”
61. “Whenever you share love with others, you will notice the peace that comes to you and to them.
62. “Yes, you must live life beautifully and not allow the spirit of the world that makes gods of power, wealth and pleasure make you forget that you were created for greater things.”
63. “Joy is prayer; joy is strength: joy is love; joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls.”
64. “I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us and we change things.”
65. “Life is a game, play it… Life is too precious, don’t destroy it.”
66. “Do ordinary things with extraordinary love.”
67. “We must make our homes centers of compassion and forgive without ceasing.”
68. “Never let anything fill you with so much sadness that it makes you forget the joy of the Risen Christ.”
69. “I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more pain, only more love.”
70. “The best way to be successful in life is to act on the advice we give to others.”
71. “To keep the lamp burning you have to keep pouring oil into it.”
72. “If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.”
73. “Smiling novices. I can hear the music of your laughter of joy. Learn, my children, to be holy, because true holiness consists in doing God’s work with a smile.”
74. “One of the biggest diseases is being nobody to nobody.”
75. “We have to possess before we can give.”
76. “It is not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.”
77. “If you succeed, you will gain some false friends and some true enemies. succeed anyway.
78. “If you are honest and frank, people can fool you. Be honest and frank anyway.”
79. “I know God won’t give me anything I can’t handle. I wish he didn’t trust me so much.”
80. “Live simply so others can simply live.”
81. “Peace and war begin within one’s own home. If we really want peace for the world, let’s start by loving each other within our families. Sometimes it’s hard for us to smile at each other.”
82. “God is everywhere and in everything and without Him we cannot exist.”
83. “Words that do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.”
84. “He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His love than in your weakness.”
85. “May God break my heart so completely that the whole world falls apart.”
86. “The first requirement for prayer is silence. People of prayer are people of silence”.
87. “Humility is the truth, therefore, in all sincerity, we must be able to look up and say: I can do all things in Him who strengthens me. By yourself you can do nothing, you have nothing but sin, weakness and misery. All gifts of nature and grace you have from God.”
88. “Even if she is small, she is fierce.”
89. “I don’t do big things. I do little things with a lot of love.”
90. “Words that do not give the light of Christ increase the darkness.”
91. “The openness of our hearts and minds can be measured by how wide we draw the circle of what we call family.”
92. “If I look at the mass, I will never act. If I look at one, I will.”
93. “Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching its people to love but to use violence to get what they want.”
94. “Not alms, but holding hands.”
95. “The problem with the world is that we draw the circle of our family too small.”
96. “Even the rich are hungry for love, to be cared for, to be wanted, to have someone to call their own.”
97. “If we do not have peace now, it is because we have forgotten to see God in others.”
98. “There is a light in this world, a cicatrization spirit mightier than any darkness we can find.”
99. “We will never know all the good that a simple smile can do.”
100. “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”