the CDC explains that our mental health It affects most aspects of our lives, including our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. You or someone close to you might even have been diagnosed with a mental health problem (which is more common than people think). According to the CDC, “more than 50% will be diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder at some point in their lives.” Mental health difficulties take a variety of forms that may seem anxiety, depression, Bipolar disorder or many other conditions. Some can even be debilitating.
While we wait for these inspirational mental health quotes They can be comforting and encouraging words for you, especially on days when you feel lonelier than others, talking to a licensed therapist should always be the first step in advocating for yourself.
If you ever need to talk to someone, there are several resources you can turn to, including: our guide on how to find a therapistrecommended by experts therapy apps Y online support groups. Also, you can visit mhanational.org and in an acute crisis or emergency, feel free to call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-TALK, or text the word “NAMI” to 741-741.
Mental health inspirational quotes.
- “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” — and millman
- “There’s a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in.” ― Leonard Cohen
- “Deep breathing is the love language of our nervous system.” — Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersy
- “I think it’s very important to de-stigma mental health…My brain and my heart are very important to me. I don’t know why I wouldn’t seek help to make those things as healthy as my teeth.” —kerry washingtonof huffpost
- “It’s not the bruises on the body that hurt. It’s the wounds on the heart and the scars on the mind.” — Aisha Mirza
- “Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” — Noam Shpancer, Ph.D.
- “Until we are lost we do not begin to understand ourselves.” ― Henry David Thoreau
- “You are not your disease. You have an individual story to tell. You have a name, a story, a personality. Being yourself is part of the battle.” — Julian Seifter
- “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” — Albus Dumbledore
- “Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they are never weakness.” — brene brown
- “Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it doesn’t.” — lemon snicket
- “Promise me you’ll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh
- “Just because no one else can heal you or do your inner work doesn’t mean you can, should, or need to do it alone.” – Lisa Olivera
- “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” — John Green
- “I can’t stand the words ‘Get over it.’ We are all under so much pressure to put our problems in the past tense. Slow down. Don’t let others rush your healing. It’s a process, one that can take years, occasionally, even a lifetime.” , and that’s fine.” — handsome taplin
- “Self care is how you take back your power.” — Laah Delia
- “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I was already strong, and they made me prove it. — Emery Lord
- “There is no normal life that is free of pain. It is the very struggle with our problems that can be the impetus for our growth.” — fred rogers
- “‘Positive vibes only’ is not a thing. Humans have a wide range of emotions and that’s okay.” — Molly Bahr, LMHC
- “You don’t have to be positive all the time. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, angry, upset, frustrated, scared, and anxious. Having feelings doesn’t make you a negative person. It makes you human.” — lori deschene
- “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – maya angelou
- “You, yourself, as much as anyone in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
- “This feeling will pass. The fear is real, but the danger is not.”—Cammie McGovern
- “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Mindful breathing is my anchor. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can choose where we go from there.” — stephen chbosky
- “You are valuable only because you exist. Not because of what you do or have done, but simply because you are. — Max Lucado
- “There is no standard normal. Normal is subjective. There are seven billion versions of normal on this planet. — Matt Haig, Reasons to Stay Alive
- Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health, take time for ourselves, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish. The world will see you as you see yourself and treat you as you treat yourself. – Beyoncé, one elle interview
- The best exit is always through. — Roberto Frost
- “We are not our trauma. We are not our brain chemistry. That is part of who we are, but we are so much more than that.” ― sam j miller
- “Your mental health is everything: prioritize it. Make the time as if your life depends on it, because it does.” — mel robins
- “If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.” — russell wilson
- “Mental health issues don’t define who you are. They’re something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you’re not the rain.” — matt haig
- “What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more shameless conversations.” – near glenn
- “Being able to be your true self is one of the strongest components of good mental health.” – Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersy
- “Do not judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.” – robert louis stevenson
- “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t have to, it’s not for them.” – Joubert Botha
- “I’m not afraid of storms because I’m learning to sail my boat.” – Louise May Alcott
- “Sometimes self-care is exercising and eating right. Sometimes it’s spending time with loved ones or taking a nap. And sometimes it’s watching an entire season of TV in one weekend while lounging in your pajamas. Whatever soothe your soul.” — good hoffman
- “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, suffering, struggle, loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills with compassion, gentleness, and deep loving concern. Beautiful people don’t just happen.” — Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
Senior SEO Editor
Katarina Avendaño (she/her) is a Senior SEO Editor for Good Housekeeping, where he writes and edits lifestyle content and contributes to SEO strategy. Before joining GH in 2021, she was a digital editor at New York family, where he was responsible for the content and strategy of the website. Katarina received her BA in Communications and Spanish from the University of Washington.
This content is imported from OpenWeb. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you can find more information on their website.