get complete details of BC returns home to host Michigan on Thursday night
from here, checkout more details.
CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. – The Boston College women’s soccer team will host the Michigan Wolverines on Thursday night at the Newton campus soccer field. The game, which is scheduled for kickoff at 7 pm, will be broadcast live on ACCNX.
Thursday’s contest will mark the first meeting between Boston College and Michigan in women’s soccer.
Game 3 | Boston University vs. RV Michigan
Thursday, August 25, 2022 | 19:00
Newton Campus Soccer Field | Newton, Mass.
A WIN OVER MICHIGAN WOULD BE . . .
• Give Boston College a 3-0-0 record on the year.
• Give the Eagles a 1-0-0 record in the all-time series with Michigan.
• Give BC a 3-0-0 start for the second straight season.
• Move Eagles to 19-12-4 all-time against current Big Ten schools.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY OF BOSTON
• Boston College began the 2022 season with a 2-0-0 record, posting a 2-0 win over Villanova in the season opener and a 4-1 win at Northeastern in the second game.
• emily sapienza he scored the game-winning goal against the Wildcats and added a second touchdown against the Huskies.
• Overall, five different Eagles have scored at Sapienza, ella richards, Andy Barth, claire mensi Y Sam Smith … Richards also has an assist.
• Riley Kerber has two assists while Éabha O’Mahony and laura govin everyone has one.
• Smith has eight shots and three shots on target, leading the team.
• Wiebke Willebrandt He is 2-0-0 with a 0.50 goals-against average, .857 save percentage, six saves and one shutout.
• Boston College went 7-10-1 overall and 1-9-0 in ACC play during the 2021 season… Eagles went 4-5-0 at home and 3-5-1 on the road .
• BC returned three of its five top scorers to this year’s list from a season ago in Richards (8-4-20), samantha agresti (4-4-12) and Smith (4-1-9).
• Willebrandt started all 18 contests in 2021 … went 7-10-1 with a .718 save percentage, 1.85 goals against average, 84 saves and two shutouts.
• Coach jason lowe he is in his fourth season as head coach of the Eagles.
• The Wolverines enter Thursday night’s game with a 1-1-0 record after defeating #20 Washington, 2-1, and losing to Butler, 1-0.
• Michigan began the year in ninth place in the national poll and is currently receiving votes in the poll.
• Sammi Woods and Sarah Bridenstine have scored goals for Michigan.
• Michigan returned 26 of 46 goals and 70 of 143 points from 2021 list to 2022 list
• The Wolverines finished the 2021 roster with an overall 18-4-3 mark to go with a Big Ten Tournament title and a run to the NCAA Elite Eight…Michigan finished the 2021 season ranked seventh in the United Soccer Coaches Survey.
• Jennifer Klein is in her fifth season as head coach of the Wolverines.
HISTORY OF THE SERIES AGAINST MICHIGAN
• Thursday night marks the first meeting between Boston College and Michigan in women’s soccer.
• The Eagles are 18-12-4 overall against teams currently in the Big Ten.
• The last time Boston College played Michigan in any athletic event was on Sept. 17, 2021 in volleyball…the Eagles fell to the Wolverines en route in three sets.
DEBUT AND FIRST
• Boston College’s season-opening victory over Villanova on Aug. 18 ushered in some firsts.
• Youth Transfer emily sapienza scored his first goal as an Eagle in his first game at BC while graduate transfer claire mensi he did the same.
• Ragna Magnusdottir, sophia lowenberg, Riley Kerber Y Sydney Segalla made their collegiate debut… along with Sapiezna and Mensi, a graduate student Alicia Morin made his BC debut.
• Against Northeastern in the second game of the season, sophomore Andy Barth He scored his first college goal… Kenneth Thomas made his college debut.
• Also against the Huskies, Éabha O’Mahony picked up his first collegiate point with an assist on the game’s final goal.
• The Eagles are captained this season by a trio of seniors in Michela Agresti, samantha agresti Y Sam Smith.
• This is the second consecutive season that Michela Agresti wears a bracelet, while samantha agresti and Smith are first-year captains.
• Michela Agresti she’s started all 52 games BC has played in the past three years… the defender has led the Eagles in minutes played in each of her first three seasons.
• samantha agresti he’s played in all 52 BC games over the past three seasons… as a junior, the midfielder finished fourth on the team in scoring with four goals and four assists for 12 points.
• Smith is BC’s active scoring leader with 42 points on 18 goals and six assists… Forward has led BC in goals twice in career (2019, 2020)… Smith has played in all 52 BC games in his first three seasons, starting 50 of them.
ACTIVE SCORE LEADERS
• Sam Smith she is BC’s active career scoring leader with 42 points on 18 goals and six assists…Smith has led BC in goals twice in her career (2019, 2020).
• ella richards she’s the second leading active scorer with 23 points in her career…has a goal and an assist this season to go with a team-leading eight goals and four assists as a rookie last year.
• With 17 points on five goals and seven assists, samantha agresti ranks third among active Eagles while Laura Gouvin five goals and three assists for 13 points ranks fourth.
• The 2022 Boston College women’s soccer roster features 13 players who were not on the 2021 roster, including nine freshmen.
• claire mensi Y Alicia Morin they come to Heights as postgraduate transfers, with Mensi playing four years at Bucknell and Morin three years at Bishop’s University (Quebec).
• The Eagles also had two players join the roster in January at junior emily sapienzaa transfer from Rutgers, and a sophomore Jordan Teguisa mid-year addition of the club team.
• Additionally, the Eagles have welcomed a new assistant coach in dirk vandeveer.