get complete details of Blue Hose closes Homestand with Senior Day against Catamounts
from here, checkout more details.
CLINTON, South Carolina – The Presbyterian College women’s basketball team closes out its three-game homestand Tuesday with senior day against Western Carolina inside the Templeton Center on ESPN+. Before tipping, Blue Hose will honor fifth-year seniors. Bryanna Brady for the day of the third age.
Matchup: Western Carolina (2-1) vs. Presbyterian (1-1)
Date: Tuesday, November 15
Weather: 6:30 pm
Site: Templeton Center (Clinton, South Carolina)
live video: ESPN+
Live Stats: transmission of statistics
– The Blue Hose close out their three-game home stand Tuesday with a visit from Western Carolina to Templeton Center. Both teams are looking to avenge their recent losses in action. PC suffered a seven-point loss to Furman on Friday, while WCU dropped to #16 LSU on Sunday in Baton Rouge. The Catamounts used a jumper with two seconds remaining last season to propel WCU past PC in Cullowhee by a score of 52-51.
– Before tipping Tuesday, Blue Hose will honor fifth-year seniors. Bryanna Brady as part of the Senior Citizens Day festivities for PC. The UC Riverside transfer has totaled 180 points and 73 rebounds in 32 games with Blue Hose, including averaging 13.5 ppg and 10.5 rpg so far in 2022. Brady scored a career-high 19 points against Furman and managed 14 rebounds, the best of his career. against Carolina U.
Exploring the Catamounts
– Western Carolina enters Tuesday’s contest with a 2-1 record after suffering its first loss of the season on Sunday afternoon against #16 LSU. The Catamounts opened the season with wins against Bluefield State and Winthrop before Sunday’s loss against LSU. Shayane Poirot-Allard leads WCU with an average of 9.0 points per game in the young season, while Kyla Allison has added 8.3 points per game. Joi Reid is averaging 8.0 rebounds per game to lead WCU, while Endia Holliday is averaging 6.0 rpg.
Blue hose in the rows
– Bryanna Brady leads the Big South with 10.5 rebounds/game and is the only play in the league averaging a double-double so far this season. Brady also ranks second in the league with a 59.1% field goal percentage…Freshman Tilda Sjökvist is tied for second in the league with 12 assists just one shy of the league lead. league. She also leads the league in assist/turnover ratio with a 3.0 clip… As a team, PC is second in the league in scoring offense (70.5) and second in scoring defense (54.0)…
Red Hot Season Debut
– Second Year Guard mara neira made his Blue Hose debut count Monday when he scored a game-high 23 points on 9-of-14 shooting, including 5-of-7 from beyond the arc. The Galicia, Spain native caught fire down the stretch of the third quarter connecting on three straight shots from beyond the arc during the final 96 seconds of the third quarter that propelled her to a game-high 23 points. Neira was one of four players in the Big South to add 20+ points in her 2022-23 season debut joining Shy Tuelle (Campbell), Catherine Alben (CSU) and Rachel LaLonde (Radford).
– PC is scheduled to play 29 contests under the guidance of the fifth-year head coach sharp alaura during the 2022-23 season which includes 18 league games starting on December 29 at Campbell. The Blue Hose are scheduled to make trips to St. Thomas, Minnesota, Morehead State, UNCG, Florida and Florida State in non-conference play while welcoming Carolina University, Furman, WCU, Jacksonville and Bluefield to Clinton. Presbyterian will play nine locals with the league in 2022 starting with Campbell on December 29.
Sharp welcomes Lofton & McKee to staff
– Presbyterian College and head women’s basketball coach sharp alaura They have announced the addition of a couple of staff members. Tatiana Lofton joins the women’s basketball program as an assistant coach, while LaRomeo McKee joins Blue Hose as the program’s director of basketball operations. Lofton joins the Blue Hose staff after serving as a graduate assistant manager at the University of Alabama. He helped the Crimson Tide’s director of basketball operations oversee the team’s day-to-day activities. McKee joins the Blue Hose women’s basketball staff after serving as a graduate assistant for the University of Mobile women’s basketball team. McKee contributed to the development of the player.
Sharp adds Taylor & Johnson to its staff
– Presbyterian College and head women’s basketball coach sharp alaura announced the addition of a couple of coaches to its staff, which finalizes the coaching staff for next season. Sharp has added brooklyn taylor Y bubby johnson to the staff on Wednesday. Taylor joins Blue Hose after spending the past year on the staff at her alma mater St. Francis University. He spent last season working primarily with the post players, which included Jada Dapaa, who led the Northeast Conference in rebounding and was the No. 4 rebounder in the nation with a 12.3 RPG average. Johnson joins the Blue Hose staff after spending the past two seasons as an assistant coach at the University of Charleston. During his time in Charleston, the program won a pair of conference championships, a regular season title along with an NCAA Atlantic regional championship.