know about Crosley Green and His Lawyers Seek Justice as 11th Circuit Decision Deadline Approaches
Press conference: 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time, April 27 in titusville
TITUSVILLE, Fla., April 25, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — For the first time, Crosley Green and his Crowell & Moring gratuitous The legal team will outline their plans to keep Green free while the full 11-judge panel of 11 is askedthe Circuit Court of Appeals to reconsider a recent decision by a three-judge panel that keeps Green’s freedom at stake. The impact of his decision could reaffirm that prosecutors should not withhold evidence that directly points to a defendant’s innocence, and thus affect how prosecutors handle evidence for all crimes in the future. The court will decide whether to grant reconsideration in the coming weeks.
In March, a three-judge panel from the 11the Circuit Court of Appeals ruled against Green, reversing a landmark 2018 habeas victory that overturned his conviction because prosecutors withheld exculpatory evidence that first-responding officers concluded another individual was the killer.
Green now faces the prospect of having his freedom taken away and thrown back in prison for a murder he didn’t commit. Green served nearly 32 years in prison, including 19 years later. Florida death row, while steadfastly maintaining his innocence. he was released on april 2021 on house arrest while his case is pending appeal. Green Lawyers Featured a request to 11the Circuit Court of Appeals for a new hearing on April, the 21st. Crowell & Moring has represented Green gratuitous since 2008 on the recommendation of the ABA Death Penalty Project.
Green’s attorneys will address:
- The significant implications of the panel’s decision, which allows prosecutors to withhold critical evidence from defense attorneys.
- What’s next in Green’s long fight for justice as the 11th?the The Circuit Court of Appeals is considering whether the full 11-judge court will hear the case again and what will happen if they don’t.
- A look at the trail of exonerations and other Brevard County cases from the late 1980s and 1990s that demonstrate a pattern of prosecutorial misconduct.
“If prosecutors are allowed to withhold and hide evidence that points to defense counsel’s innocence, it could affect all criminal defendants in the future throughout the 11the Circuit—Florida GeorgiaY Alabama“said the Crowell & Moring partner Keith J Harrison, gratuitous Green’s advice.
Green will be joined by members of his family. Green will address:
- How is he handling the possibility of going back to prison?
- What it has meant to live out of prison for the last year, as he has reconciled with his family, kept a job and met his grandchildren for the first time.
- Green and his family will answer questions.
“The prosecutors pressured me to plead guilty. But I refused because I was innocent and believed that the truth would come out in the justice system. Now, it is my faith in God and the love of my family that keeps me going.” Go ahead. Everyone should be afraid of what happened to me because it can happen to anyone,” Green said.
Members of the media, please RSVP via [email protected]. Exclusive interviews with Green and her attorney will be provided before and after the press conference as requested prior to the conference. Please advise special requests in advance.
2:00 p.m. Eastern Time, April 27
Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church
801 Dummitt Avenue, Titusville, Florida 32780
*Built in 1889, the Missionary Baptist Church of Bethlehem is the largest African-American church in Brevard County.
Speakers (Green Family):
- Crosley Green
- shirley white (sister in green)
- Green O’Connor (brother of green)
- Kenneth B NunnProfessor of Law and Dr. Patricia Hilliard Nunn Professor of the Term of Racial Justice Memorial (2021-22), University of Florida, Levin College Of law
More details of the case can be found. here.
About Crowell & Moring LLP
Crowell & Moring LLP is an international law firm with offices in the United States, EuropeMENA, and Asia representing clients in litigation and arbitration, regulatory and policy, transactional and corporate matters. The firm is internationally recognized for its representation of Fortune 500 companies in high-stakes litigation and government-related matters, as well as its ongoing commitment to gratuitous service and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Senior Communications Advisor
Email: [email protected]
SOURCE Crowell & Moring LLP