get complete details of Eagles drop two at Loras College Triangular
from here, checkout more details.
DUBUQUE, Iowa- The Edgewood College Eagles women’s volleyball team hit the road Saturday for a three-way game. They played the UW-La Crosse Eagles and the Loras Duhawks at Loras. Edgewood College (6-6) fell to La Crosse (7-8) 3-0, before dropping a heartthrob 3-2 against the Duhawks (4-10).
GAME ONE: UW-LA CROSSE 3, EDGEWOOD COLLEGE 0 (25-18, 25-22, 28-26)
– A 4-0 run by La Crosse early on put Edgewood College behind the eight ball, and another 6-1 run put the Eagles firmly behind their avian opponents for good in the set.
– Edgewood College had an early 3-0 lead in frame two, but a 4-1 run at La Crosse put the two teams neck and neck at 8-7 La Crosse. The other Eagles would lead as far as 16-12 in the set, but an 8-4 rally by the Edgewood College Eagles made the set 20-20 on aggregate. La Crosse would regain momentum to clinch the set from a 5-2 run.
– The two avian teams would trade hay early in the third set, with Edgewood College taking a 4-0 lead before a 10-2 run by La Crosse put the other Eagles in the driving seat at 10-6. The Edgewood College Eagles would go on a 7-3 run to close within striking distance for just 21-20. A 3-0 run would put La Crosse on match point, but La Crosse’s mistakes helped Edgewood College take a 26-25 lead thanks to a 5-1 run. Errors would doom the effort, though, as the La Crosse Eagles would take home the set and the match on a 3-0 run.
– amanda carson he posted a season-high 12 kills in 26 attacks with a .346 batting percentage in the losing effort.
– Salmon he led the team in both assists and digs with his double-double of 17 assists/10 digs.
– Abigail Hoffmann he continued to contribute as a setter as well, adding 13 assists.
MATCH TWO: LORAS 3, EDGEWOOD COLLEGE 2 (25-20, 22-25, 25-22, 22-25, 15-11)
– The Duhawks took a 12-8 lead thanks to a 7-1 frame run, but the Eagles rallied with a 4-0 run to tie it at 15 apiece. A 4-1 sprint put Loras back in the driving seat soon after and the Duhawks delivered a 4-0 knockout to take the first set.
– A 4-1 Edgewood College rally gave them a 12-7 lead in the second set, but Loras responded with an 8-2 run to take a 15-14 lead. The Duhawks built up a 21-18 lead before the Eagles came alive, coming back to even the game with a 7-1 sprint.
– The teams traded jabs 4-0 early in the third frame, but Edgewood College regained momentum from a 6-1 swing to leave the set at 13-7. However, Loras was not left behind and came back into the set on a 10-2 run to lead the set 17-15 before building a 21-17 lead en route to the Duhawks taking a 2-1 lead in the set. match.
– Loras’ offense would put the Eagles down 10-7 after a 6-0 stretch consisting of nothing but Duhawk kills. The two would trade blows before Edgewood College regained momentum firmly in their favor with an 8-2 run for an 18-16 lead. Loras would tie the setup 20-20 as they looked to close the door on the Eagles, but Edgewood College would force a fifth set of a 5-2 sprint to the finish.
– The wind was in the Eagles’ favor to start the fifth frame as they claimed a 3-0 lead. The Duhawks would patiently cut their deficit and tie it at six apiece before firmly regaining momentum in their camp with an 8-2 run to get on game point. Edgewood College would deny them twice, but Loras would break through in the end to claim the set and the match 15-11.
– The Duhawks outscored the Eagles .141 to .124, including a .171 to .029 lead in the deciding fifth frame.
– Hoffmann finished with a triple-double, posting 11 kills, 18 assists and 13 digs. He also passed Edgewood College with seven blocks.
– Carlson finished with a season-high 14 kills to cap off a strong performance.
– falk abbey he finished with 12 kills on the day while Salmon posted 23 assists, 18 double-double digs.
– lauren glissendorf he finished with three aces for the Eagles.
– James Keefe led the game and was the cornerstone of Loras’ effort with 23 kills, while Sara Hoskins had 48 assists.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
– Hoffmann’s seven blocks and Glissendorf’s three aces were single-match career highs for the respective player.
– The losses snapped Edgewood College’s four-game winning streak.
UNTIL NEXT TIME
The Eagles return to the Edgedome for a non-conference tilt Tuesday night. The first service against UW-Platteville is scheduled for 7 p.m. 22, 21-25, 22-25, 15-13).