Famously known as the second wife of former United States President Donald Trump, Marla Ann Maples is an American actress, television personality, singer, host, and model.
Born October 27, 1963, in Cohutta, Georgia, Maples’s father, Stanley Edward Maples, was a real estate developer and his mother, Ann Locklear Maples, was a homemaker and model.
After completing her high school education at Northwest Whitfield High School in Tunnel Hill, Georgia, Maples competed in several beauty pageants and won several prestigious titles.
He later joined the University of Georgia for undergraduate studies, but left halfway before graduating.
Maples met Donald Trump in 1989 and their relationship began when Trump was already married to Ivana, his first wife. Trump later divorced Ivana and married Maples on December 20, 1993.
The couple have a daughter, Tiffany Trump, born before their marriage. Later in 1997, Maples and Trump separated, divorcing on June 8, 1999.
In 1991, Maples made her celebrity guest appearance at WWF WrestleMania VII. The same year also saw Maples launch her career on the miniscreen by making a guest appearance as herself on the popular TV series ‘Designing Women’.
His major films include Maximum Overdrive, Executive Decision, For Richer or Poorer, and Happiness. Marla also hosted Awakening with Marla, her radio talk show broadcast on Contact Talk Radio.
Key Facts About Maples
- During her senior year at the school, Maples has crowned the prom queen of 1980-1981.
- Her major pageantry fashion achievements include winning the Miss Resaca Beach Poster Girl contest in 1983, runner-up for Miss Georgia USA in 1984, and Miss Hawaiian Tropic in 1985.
- In 1994, she made a cameo appearance along with her then-husband Donald Trump in ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air’, an American television sitcom.
- Maples co-hosted the miss Universe Pageant consecutively for two years in 1996 and 1997 and Miss USA pageant in 1997.
- In 2013, he appeared on the American reality series ‘Oprah: Where Are They Now?’.
- She was a keynote speaker at the London Speakers Bureau, addressing topics such as inspiring women, wellbeing, spirituality and motivation.
- He appeared at the 2018 Summer of Peace Summit and discussed topics such as peace and finding common ground.
Marla’s sources of income
His main source of income is acting in TV shows and movies. A multi-talented artist, Marla also earns money from music, theater, and radio. Apart from the famous ‘Designing Woman’, she has also acted in other TV shows like ‘The Nanny’.
In the past, Marla has also earned income by participating in dance competition television series such as ‘Dancing with the stars’, starring in advertising campaigns and designing a line of maternity clothing.
Marla’s Latest Net Worth
As of December 2022, Marla’s net worth is $6 million.
In November 1999, Marla bought a house in Calabasas, California, paying a whopping $1.349 million. Subsequently, in July 2013 she sold this house for $2.2 million. After selling her California home, Marla bought a condo in New York City, not far from Central Park.
In 1992, Donald Trump bought a black 1991 Acura NSX for Marla. It is the Honda NSX that is marketed in North America under the Acura NSX brand.
In 2005, Marla sold that car on eBay for $48,200. According to rhythm8, an eBay seller, he bought that car directly from Marla. According to the information of the new owner, he was the second owner of the car.
Marla’s involvement in charity
Marla is well known for her contributions to charities and non-profit organizations. She has long been a vocal advocate for Niños Creando Paz, an organization that works to uniting israeli and palestinian children.
He also serves as an advisory board member at AWARENYC.org. AWARE (Assisting Women Through Action, Resources and Education) is a grassroots organization formed to spread awareness and generate funds for significant improvements in the lives of women and girls in the city area. New York and around the world.
Marla is also a supporter of Spirituality For Kids (SFK), an educational non-profit organization whose goal is to provide universal social-emotional learning tools to as many children and parents as possible around the world.
Last but not least, he is also part of Stand For Health Freedom, a movement that urges people to defend their basic human right to voluntary and informed consent before any medical intervention and the absolute right to bodily sovereignty.
The biggest milestones in Marla’s net worth
A major chunk of Marla’s net worth, i.e. a whopping $1 million, was earned after she got divorced from Donald Trump. On top of that, she also received another million dollars for buying a house.
At the time of their divorce, Tiffany, their daughter, was only 4 years old. Therefore, Marla earned $100,000 each year in child support until Tiffany turned 21.
There are many famous quotes from Marla. Some of them are
- “The problem with losing anonymity is that you can never go back.”
- “I don’t think he cheated on me. During the marriage, I think she was there.
- “Finally I said, I can’t live being carried away by this wake.”
- “I am happy to have cured everything. We are fine.”
- “My personal life was fair game. And that’s what hurt me.”
- “What was a nice private relationship was judged and turned into something ugly.”
- “I was homecoming queen. I was the star of my basketball team.”
- “This relationship will be based on trust.”
- “Tiffany is very proud to have the last name and she is proud of her father.”
- “If we had somehow been able to stay away from the public and the press, it might have been different, but every private issue seemed to be on the front page.”
- “He had a reservation inside the whole time. When you’re with someone as powerful as Donald, you don’t have a choice. You can lose yourself within that power if you’re not careful.”
- “Donald and I still wanted to be together, but I struggled to keep what we had private, and once the world gets involved in your life, it slowly falls apart until you forget what it was in the first place. ”
- “He is part of the product and he will not hesitate to create that image to increase the value of his product, increase the value in everything he touches.”
Marla is quite active on social media with a whopping 167,000 followers on her official Instagram account. She also has a large following on Facebook and her number of followers has exceeded 50,000. Marla tweets often and has more than 27,000 followers on Twitter.
She also has a website called ‘Marlamaples.com’ which outlines her social work, interview series, charity initiatives and much more. Other than that, on the website, there are various products for sale such as supplements and cleanses, nutrition and beauty products, books, and much more. The best part is that many of these products are offered at discounts for buyers.