get complete details of New Jersey arts and entertainment news, features, and event previews.
from here, checkout more details.
Here’s a look at the 10 most read articles published on the New Jersey Stage during the week of May 29-June 4, 2022. Each week we publish around 70 articles, including several original columns and features, along with press releases for events happening across the state and nearby areas like Philadelphia and New York City. The latest Top Ten includes articles covering seven New Jersey counties (Cumberland, Essex, Hudson, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth and Morris) and five original reports.
1) Incredible unforgettable screens of an animated film at the 2022 New Jersey International Film Festival on June 4! – unforgettable is a deeply effective animated short by Sujin Kim that tells stories of the harrowing situations of comfort women enslaved by the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II. The film uses otherworldly imagery and symbolism as various stories of being a comfort woman are told. The stories are devastating and detail the harsh truths of being robbed and exploited. The animation is beautifully executed, while being impressive and shockingly disturbing at the same time. unforgettable is a wonderfully crafted and powerful collage that poignantly conveys the nightmare of being a comfort woman.
2) The 30th Cruise on Memory Lane in Vineland will take place on June 11 – (VINELAND, NJ) — Millions of dollars worth of vintage and exotic cars will once again line Landis Avenue when Cruise Down Memory Lane returns to downtown Vineland—The Ave—on Saturday, June 11 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. pm The rain date will be Sunday June 12 at the same time. This event attracts over 1,000 American cars, over a mile of cars, and is open to street rods, muscle cars, standard or custom classics, rat rods and cruisers.
3) Lisa Marie is a fun wife and mom – Lisa Marie, a resident of Staten Island and raised in Brooklyn, is a fun wife and mother. And her family gives her a lot to make people laugh.
4) ‘The Geator’ Rocks the House with Gary US Bonds, The Chiclettes and Bobby Wilson LIVE! at the PNC Bank Arts Center – On Tuesday, May 24, 2022, the Garden State Arts Foundation continued its spring season of free live entertainment for NJ residents 55 and older with a concert titled Jerry ‘The Geator’ Blavat Rocks the House with Gary US Bonds, The Chiclettes and Bobby Wilson in Holmdel, NJ’s PNC Bank Arts Center. The first show of the season featured Las Vegas entertainer Rick Michel, who presented his tribute to Frank Sinatra, sinatra foreveron May 18.
Advertise with New Jersey Stage for $50-$100 per month, click here for information
5) Jersey City Jazz Festival 2022 – (JERSEY CITY, NJ) — The Jersey City Jazz Festival is back for a two-day celebration the weekend of June 4-5 in the Powerhouse Arts District. The annual free-to-the-public event will feature fourteen bands on two stages, food trucks, a full bar and a VIP experience at the 107 Morgan Street lot in Jersey City. The event is produced by Riverview Jazz, a Jersey City-based nonprofit organization, and presented by the Exchange Place Alliance. The 2022 festival will coincide with another beloved annual event: Bike JC’s Ward Tour, on Sunday June 5, culminating in this year’s jazz festival. There will also be an after party jam session at Moore’s Place on Monticello Ave.
6) Newark Symphony Hall announces shows and return of monthly Soul Line dance – (NEWARK, NJ) — Newark Symphony Hall (NSH), the state’s largest black-led arts and entertainment venue, announced its summer 2022 lineup of events and performances, including monthly soul line dancing with the WBLS 107.5 superhero DJ Jon Quick and legendary instructor Kenny J, starting Friday June 10th and free for the first month.
7) PHOTOS of “Grease” at AxelrodPAC – (OCEAN, NJ) — The Axelrod Performing Arts Center presents the musical Fat for three weeks, from June 3 to 19 at the Vogel Auditorium. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the musical’s opening on Broadway, this production of Fat is directed and choreographed by Lisa Stevens. Photographer John Posada was on hand to take photos during a dress rehearsal for the show.
8) Paper Mill Playhouse Announces 2022-2023 Season – (MILLBURN, NJ) — Paper Mill Playhouse has announced its 2022-2023 season, featuring a gripping murder mystery, a Disney hero of mythical proportions, the beloved Rodgers and Hammerstein finale musical, the Tony-nominated story of two Latin music icons, and the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical that defined a generation.
9) An interview with Richie Furay, who has two shows in NJ in June – Richie Furay, credited as one of the founders of country-rock, is coming to the New Jersey area in June 2022, where he will play shows June 11 at Alpha Wave Studios in Whippany and June 12 at SOPAC in South Orange .
10) Taste Trenton returns June 10-12 – (TRENTON, NJ) — Taste Trenton has registered about 40 restaurants to welcome “food tourists” as part of a self-guided tour of the capital city’s restaurants over the weekend of June 10-12 . This nonprofit effort, initially launched in 2016, is designed to introduce Trenton residents and visitors from throughout the region to the extensive culinary and dining options available in many corners of the city. What began as a single-day event with just a dozen restaurants in the Chambersburg region has evolved into three days and an ever-expanding and changing list of participating restaurants.
Event previews are always one of the most popular areas of the website. Event previews get noticed when we first post them and then get noticed again when they return to the main area of the site the week the event takes place, sometimes even several months later. Be sure to preview your events by sending us press releases at [email protected]; For even more promotions, check out our advertising rates which cost $50-$100 for a full month of targeted advertising that includes events listed on our online calendar.