New all-in-one loyalty program gives Canadians more ways to shop, earn, save and redeem with innovative shopping features, best-in-class deals and cash back offers and more ways to pay with points.
TORONTO, September 13, 2022 /CNW/ – Today, RBC announced the launch of its next-generation loyalty program, plane rewards. This new program marks a transformation of Canada largest proprietary rewards program – RBC Rewards – by preserving everything that millions of Canadians have come to love, while offering exponentially more daily rewards value to more consumers.
plane rewards takes loyalty to the next level by conveniently combining industry-leading merchandise and travel rewards, as well as opportunities to earn and redeem Avion points, with exclusive offers and rich new cash-back offers that have been reinvented through an experience commercial and shopping with the best deals. This means plane rewards Members now have the ultimate flexibility to access the rewards that are most valuable to them, all in one program, without the need to compromise between points, discounts or offers.
“Now, more than ever, Canadians are looking for greater savings and convenience in their everyday lives to maximize their time and money,” he said. Neil McLaughlin, Group Head, Personal and Commercial Banking, RBC. “With plane rewards, we’re leveraging our scale and extensive network of retail partners to deliver unmatched value and choice in a meaningful way. We’re excited to bring together all the ways consumers enjoy being rewarded into one convenient program, while incorporating innovative shopping and payment features to create a more engaging experience for our members.”
the plane rewards The program is now available to more than 14 million Canadians and will expand to all Canadians early next year. Members will enjoy the following benefits:
- Offers without hunting. The new Plane ShopPlus Rewards Shopping Companion proactively connects members with thousands of retail partners and adds value as they shop online. Plane ShopPlus Rewards saves consumers time and money by offering the most relevant deals, coupons and cash back offers right where they shop online so they don’t have to worry about missing out on deals.
- Pay with points virtually anywhere. plane rewards members have more flexibility than ever to use their Avion points in the way that works best for them. In addition to redeeming points for a wide selection of travel, merchandise, gift cards and experiences, eligible members can now use their points to pay for any qualifying everyday purchase.
- 10x more retail partners to shop, save and redeem. plane rewards has expanded its network of retail partners from hundreds to more than 1,900 merchants, providing members with exclusive cash back offers, discounts and more opportunities to earn Avion points. Members can also take advantage of exclusive offers from leading plane rewards program partners such as Petro-Canada (a Suncor business), fair way, Rexall, door board, Lowe’s, RONA and Reno-Depot and more.
- Exclusive value at all membership levels.
- premium plane members have access to even richer cash savings, offers and more ways to shop, earn, redeem and pay with Avion points, all within one convenient program.
- elite plane Members enjoy all the benefits of the premium plane level, plus exclusive elite offers and experiences, more points and even bigger savings.
“What plane rewards continues to grow and evolve, we look forward to expanding our industry-leading loyalty offerings with new business partners, innovative capabilities and differentiated member experiences to deliver exceptional value in the ways that matter most to consumers,” adds McLaughlin.
To discover and experience plane rewardsplease visit www.avionrewards.com.
royal bank of Canada is a global financial institution with a purpose-driven, principle-based approach to delivering leading performance. Our success comes from more than 92,000 employees who harness their imaginations and insights to bring our vision, values and strategy to life so we can help our customers prosper and communities prosper. What Canada largest bank and one of the largest in the world, based on market capitalization, we have a diversified business model with a focus on innovation and delivering exceptional experiences to our 17 million customers across Canada, the United States and 27 other countries. Learn more at rbc.com.
We are proud to support a wide range of community initiatives through donations, community investments and employee volunteer activities. See how in rbc.com/community-social-impact.
SOURCE RBC Royal Bank
For more information: For media inquiries, contact: Julia Miller, RBC Corporate Communications, [email protected]