get complete details of Tar Heels face UCLA for the Women’s College Cup title
from here, checkout more details.
The Tar Heels are making their 27th appearance in an NCAA championship game (28 overall) and their third in the last five years. UNC is 21-5 all-time in NCAA championship games (22-5 overall). This will be North Carolina’s second appearance in the championship game as a No. 2 seed, winning the 2012 championship from that seed line.
The 2022 Tar Heels will look to join the 2012 Tar Heels and 2013 UCLA as the only teams to defeat three No. 1 seeds in the NCAA Tournament. In 2012, Carolina defeated BYU, Stanford, and Penn State.
Since the tournament expanded to 64 teams in 2001, Carolina has a 6-0-1 record in NCAA championship games.
North Carolina is 8-2 in College Cup games played at Wake Med Soccer Park, including a 3-1 record in national championship games. UNC won the national championship at the venue in 2003, 2006 and 2008.
HOW WE GET HERE
• tori hansen Y julia dorsey scored within seven minutes of each other in the second half and North Carolina beat No. 1 overall seed Florida State 3-2 on Friday night in the semifinals. North Carolina took a 3-0 lead in the 66th minute when Dorsey headed home. Emily Moxley Free shot.
• The Seminoles pulled within 3-2 in the 76th when Heather Payne headed a cross between the goalie’s legs emily allen. Allen made a season-high nine saves to help North Carolina avenge a 2–1 loss to Florida State on November 6 in the ACC championship game.
THE LAST TIME WE MET
• This will be the second meeting of the season between the Tar Heels and the Bruins. UCLA won the previous matchup 2-1 at Dorrance Field.
• The Tar Heels scored first but couldn’t hold the lead as UCLA scored twice in the final 30 minutes to edge UNC.
• Tori Dellaperuta scored in the 48th minute with a corner kick and UCLA leveled the score in the 61st minute with Lexi Wright’s goal. Reilyn Turner scored the game-winner in the 84th.
• The Tar Heels controlled possession for 66 percent of the allotted time and took more than twice as many shots as UCLA, 16-7, and had 10 corner kicks compared to the Bruins.
THE SERIES VS. University of California at Los Angeles
• North Carolina leads the all-time series with UCLA, 11-2-2.
• Monday’s game will be the second national championship game between UNC and UCLA as the Tar Heels defeated the Bruins 2-1 in the 2000 final in San Jose, California.
• The Tar Heels are 4-1-1 against UCLA in the NCAA championship with a 3-0 record against the Bruins in Cary.
TAR HEEL TOURNAMENT TRENDS
• Carolina has outscored their opponents 16-5 thus far in the NCAA Tournament with eight players scoring a goal. UNC has scored a goal in each half of the tournament.
• The Tar Heels’ 16 goals in their first five tournament games are the most since they scored 22 through the semifinal round in 2006.
• The 16 goals are the most by the Tar Heels in a single tournament since they scored 19 in six games in 2012.
• Carolina tied the most with 16 goals in a five-game skid since scoring 16 goals in the first five games of the season.
• UNC’s 16 goals are the second most in the tournament this year. Alabama scored 17 in its five games.
• The Tar Heels have not conceded two goals in consecutive games this season.
• Ally Sentnor’s five tournament goals is the most of any player remaining on the field and the third-most in the tournament this year behind Duke’s Michelle Cooper and Arkansas’s Jessica De Flippo (6).
• Sentnor has scored five goals in five NCAA tournament games after scoring five goals in 19 regular season games. She ranks second on the team with 10 goals.
• avery patterson five assists in the NCAA Tournament is the most by any player in this year’s 64-team field.
• Patterson has recorded a point in four of the last six games and five of the last eight. He had a goal against Miami, Florida State and Old Dominion with assists against BYU, Georgia and Old Dominion. UNC is 12-2 this season when recording one point.