Photo : iStock
- Menstrual Hygiene Day is celebrated on May 28 of each year.
- The day aims to break taboos and end the stigma around menstruation
- The theme of Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022 is ‘Make Menstruation a Normal Fact of Life by 2030’
World Menstrual Hygiene Day is celebrated on May 28 each year to break taboos and end stigma around menstruation. The day aims to raise awareness of the challenges around access to menstrual products and education about menstruation and period-appropriate sanitation facilities.
Menstrual Hygiene Day was started by the German NGO WASH United in 2014.
Theme of Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022
The theme for Menstrual Hygiene Day 2022 is “Make Periods a Normal Fact of Life by 2030”.
Here are some Menstrual Hygiene Day quotes and wishes to share:
Phrases of the Day of Menstrual Hygiene
- “I suffered a lot when I tried to make sanitary napkins and promote the idea. My family, including my mother and my wife, abandoned me. The villagers even tied me to a tree and beat me. But after seeing me successful now, they come and say that everyone knew that one day I would be famous. —Arunachalam Muruganantham
- “When I entered a medical school, I discovered that, in addition to the lack of education, what prevented girls from controlling their periods was limited access to sanitary napkins.” —Manushi Chhillar
- “My plea is that they don’t wait for a girl to become a woman to empower them. Empower a girl’s life by giving them sanitary pads. With pads, we give them wings.” —Arunachalam Muruganantham
- “Menstrual blood is the only blood source that is not traumatically induced. However, in modern society, this is the most hidden blood, rarely spoken of and almost never seen, except in private by women.” —Judy Graham
- “When I asked my wife, she told me that we would have to cut half of our milk budget to buy sanitary pads. Furthermore, while the raw material for the sanitary napkins cost 10 paise, the final product was sold at 40 times that price. So, I decided to create it on my own.” —Arunachalam Muruganantham
- “More than half the world menstruates at one time or another, but you would never know. It is not weird? —Daisy Cho
- “Precisely what menstruation is, is still not very well known.” — G. Stanley Room
- “One of the hardest questions I’ve ever been asked is ‘How will you run the army if you have menstrual cramps?’ I have also been asked if I will have the courage to stand up to criminals. My answer is that courage is not a matter of gender.” — Josefina Vazquez Mota
- “Consider a very natural process, menstruation, and how the association has been created in which this process is dirty, degrading.” —Frederico Lenz
- “It’s okay to talk about birth, okay, then menstruation. I first began my advocacy for women’s health in the field of reproductive freedom, and the next stage would be to bring menopause out of the closet.” —Cybill Shepherd
- “The use of sanitary pads and the do’s and don’ts should be discussed candidly to achieve a hygienic and healthy life for women.” —Manushi Chhillar
Menstrual Hygiene Day Wishes
- Menstrual hygiene should be taught to all girls so that they can have a smooth and healthy well-being during menstruation and other times. Happy menstrual hygiene day.
- Not knowing menstrual hygiene is one of the biggest threats to women’s health. Let’s make them aware about it. Happy menstrual hygiene day.
- Poor menstrual health can lead to many health complications, but with regular hygiene, we can keep them away. Happy menstrual hygiene day.
- Let’s make more and more women aware of the importance of menstrual hygiene for a better life. Happy menstrual hygiene day.
- Menstrual health is often neglected thinking that it is not important but that it greatly affects women’s health. Warm wishes on the Day of Menstrual Hygiene.
- Maintaining personal hygiene during menstruation is of the utmost importance for any woman. Warm wishes on the occasion of Menstrual Hygiene Day to you.