New Delhi: Calorie reduction is often used as a popular weight loss tactic. However, people often end up feeling miserable and guilty trying to keep up with such
Tips to not go hungry
Here are some ways to avoid starving yourself while on a
What did the 2011 ICMR-National Institute of Nutrition (Hyderabad) guidelines recommend? a look back
High Cholesterol: 5 Easy Ways to Control LDL Levels
- Cut calories but eat more: Studies have shown that sometimes it’s not the food that makes us feel full, but the quantity. Fill your plate with plenty of low-calorie foods, such as water-based foods and vegetables, nuts, seeds, etc. and enjoy a hearty dining experience.
- Don’t forget the drinks: The benefits of beverages are often undermined. Drinks such as water, fruit juices without sugar, etc., despite being low in calories, have the ability to satisfy hunger and provide satiety. So, to feel full, you can opt for tactics like drinking water before and after a meal, starting your mornings with water, replacing sodas with juices, having smoothies during snack time, etc.
- Start with an appetizer: A healthy, low-calorie appetizer can not only help curb hunger to some extent, but it can also help cut calories in the main course without leaving you hungry. Some healthy snacks you can choose from are fruit/vegetable bites, low-calorie foods with sauces, etc.
- Make healthy exchanges: There are a variety of high-calorie foods with their low-calorie alternatives available that are often overlooked by people. These alternatives are just as filling, nutritious and tasty as their high-calorie counterparts. you can make these swaps to lower your calorie intake without compromising flavor. Some swaps include mayonnaise with mustard, butter with avocado, etc. Click here for a list of calorie changes you can make to improve your everyday life.
- Choose foods that fill you up: When working to reduce your calorie intake, you may want to eat fewer foods that fill you up, even if you eat low-calorie foods. Therefore, make sure you choose foods that help you feel full, such as spinach, beans, chickpeas, etc.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or dietitian before beginning any fitness program or making changes to your diet.
Navratri, Ramadan 2022: Ensure good health with these fasting pros and cons
10 Health Tips for Students and PM Modi’s Favorite Moringa Parantha Recipe