Every year on December 11, UNICEF Day is celebrated to raise awareness for the organization’s cause. The group works in the world’s toughest places to reach the most disadvantaged children and adolescents while advocating for the rights of all children everywhere. The rights of all children are protected by UNICEF in more than 190 countries and territories.
The theme to celebrate UNICEF Day 2022 is ‘A team for the rights of the child’.
UNICEF Day 2022: History
The United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund is known as UNICEF. On December 11, 1946, the United Nations created UNICEF to help children in post-war China and Europe with their urgent needs. To address the long-term needs of children and women in developing countries around the world, UNICEF’s mandate was expanded in 1950. The name was shortened to United Nations Children’s Fund in 1953 when it joined officially to the United Nations organization.
UNICEF Day 2022: Importance
UNICEF, one of the world’s largest providers of vaccines, supports the need for child health, nutrition, clean water and sanitation, high-quality education and skills development, HIV prevention, and care for pregnant women and babies. In addition, the group advocates for young people against abuse and exploitation.
UNICEF Day 2022: wishes, messages and WhatsApp status
- On this UNICEF day, let’s make this day memorable by getting involved in providing a better life for children. Have a happy celebration.
- A happy UNICEF day to all. I hope that you and your family will surely give your contributions to the fund and greet this day with lots of love and happiness.
- UNICEF day should bring a smile to every child’s face. Let’s all work together to make that happen: a happy UNICEF day to you and your family. Have a big celebration.
- UNICEF day is celebrated to recognize the work of UNICEF and therefore we should celebrate the day with pride. A very happy UNICEF day to you.
- Children are an essential part of our society, and their development must be the priority of all countries. On this UNICEF Day, let’s spread this vital message. Greetings to UNICEF day.
UNICEF Day 2022: Quotes
- “Unicef wants to foster a sense of stability for a child.”- Ralph Fiennes
- “There is no greater cause than making the world fit for children. I am looking forward to continuing the family tradition by working with UNICEF to help improve the lives and well-being of children everywhere.”- Tea Loni
- “Everyone deserves the best start in life, which is what UNICEF is working to provide for the world’s most vulnerable children. Education is fundamental to the development of a child. I hope that, as an Ambassador, I can encourage people to join UNICEF’s mission of making education a reality for children around the world.”- Clay Aiken
- “Of those who die from preventable causes related to poverty, almost 10 million, according to UNICEF, are children under the age of five. They die from diseases like measles, diarrhea and malaria that are easy and cheap to treat or prevent.” -Peter Singer.
- “I never look at the masses as my responsibility. I look at the individual. I can only love one person at a time. I can only feed one person at a time. Just one, one, one.” -Mother Teresa.
- “Hunger is not a problem. It’s an obscenity. How wonderful it is that no one has to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” -Anna Frank.
Happy UNICEF Day 2022!