get complete details of Women’s Basketball Hosts No. 14/15 Ohio State
from here, checkout more details.
CHESTNUT HILL, Massachusetts. – The Boston College women’s basketball team hosts No. 14/15 Ohio State on Sunday at 4 pm in Conte Forum on the ACC Network.
ALZ Awareness Game
Sunday’s game is the Alzheimer’s Awareness game, which is one of three home events with women’s hockey and men’s basketball that is hosting an ALZ Awareness game. ALZtogether: Athletes Fighting Alzheimer’s benefiting the MA/NH Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. We are committed to helping end Alzheimer’s disease and all other dementias by raising funds and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association’s care, support and research efforts. Fans can donate by clicking the link on this page.
About the Eagles
last time out
Boston College couldn’t overcome 22 turnovers and 10 3-pointers against Harvard in a 68-59 loss Thursday at Cambridge. carter dontavia he converted in a season-high 16 points and a team-high 10 rebounds for the first double-double of his career. Maria Gakdeng delivered a season-best 16 points on an impressive 8-of-9 shooting from the field, while JoJo Lacey he totaled 14 points, grabbed a career-high seven rebounds, and dished out three assists.
sign of eagles two
The Eagles signed Jayda Johnson and Lili Krasovec to the 2023 transfer class on Wednesday. Johnson is from West Haven, Connecticut, while Krasovec is from Budapest, Hungary.
Coach Mac in recruiting class
“I am excited about the addition of these highly competitive players, they are a great fit for our culture and style of play,” said the head coach. Joanna Bernabei-McNamee. “On the court, each of them adds depth, quickness, size and versatility to the team. I love that they are talented and have an outstanding work ethic both on the court and in the classroom, which will allow them to excel as greats.” team members”. Boston University Community”.
A win would be
– Give the Eagles a 2-1 mark on the season.
– Sixth consecutive home win since last season.
– The Eagles’ first win over a non-conference-ranked opponent since: No. 22 TCU in 2008.
– Give Boston College its first win over Ohio State since the 2006 NCAA Tournament.
What to watch
– See if the Eagles can get further down the line on Sunday, as they only attempted 12 free throws against Harvard and didn’t shoot their first until the second half.
– See if the Eagles can protect the ball. BC is averaging 22 turnovers in the first two games. Ohio State forced Tennessee to commit 29 turnovers for 37 points on Tuesday.
– See if the Eagles can get off to a faster start. Boston College is being outscored by five in the first half compared to a plus-24 margin in the second.
– carter dontavia he’s averaging 16.5 points and a career-high nine rebounds through two games, well above his career averages. See if he continues to play solid.
– See if the Eagles can get their 3-point attack going after hitting just five in the first two games.
Exploring the state of Ohio
– Ohio State enters ranked as the No. 14/15 team in the country.
– The Buckeyes are coming off an impressive 87-75 season-opening victory against No. 5 Tennessee on Tuesday.
– All five starters scored in double figures, with Taylor Mikesell chipping in a game-high 25 points.
– Rebeka Mikulasikova had 17 points and nine rebounds, a team best.
– Both Jacy Sheldon and Mikesell were named to the pre-season Naismith Awards watch list.
– Ohio State was picked to finish second in the Big Ten preseason poll.
– Last season, the Buckeyes won a piece of the regular season title and advanced to the Sweet 16 before finally falling to Texas.
Ohio State has a 7-3 lead over Boston College. The Eagles’ last win came in the 2006 NCAA Tournament, and all three wins are on neutral ground.
The Eagles will travel to Northeastern for an 11 am matinee on Wednesday.